Lessons Learned from Eight (8) Secrets of Truly Rich by Bo Sanchez
Is it Possible to have the Wealth of a Millionaire and the Heart of a Monk?
Then the Lord your God will make you most prosperous in all the work of your hands….
Why stop at being rich? Why not go all the way to become truly rich?
When you’re truly rich, you’re not only wealthy with your money. You’re wealthy in all other areas of your life: love, family, spirituality…
You Can Be Rich
You can be rich, yes, you can get out of debt, save enough for the future, be very generous to the poor and God’s work.
So who’s stopping you? Here’s the answer: YOU
No one else can stop you. Not your family, not your friends, not the government, not the poverty of the country. And God? He won’t stop you either. Why would He? He invented wealth.
If you’ll learn these 8 Secrets of Truly Rich, and apply them into your life, you’ll change your financial future forever.
SECRET No. 1 – Be Totally Responsible for Your Success
I have now given you a choice between a blessing and a curse. When all these things have happened to you… you will remember the choice I gave you. – Deuteronomy 30:1
- Stop the Blame – Things do not change; we change
- Stop Blaming the Government for Your Poverty – 99% of all failures come from people who have a habit of making excuses – George Washington
- Stop Blaming Your Family for Your Poverty – You can’t hire someone else to do your pushups for you.- Jim Rohn
- Stop Blaming the Devil for Your Poverty – We have met the enemy and he is us.- Pogo
- Stop Blaming God for Your Poverty – If there is no wind, row. – Latin Proverb
- You’re the Product of Your Thoughts, Choices and Habits – If you don’t like something, change it. If you can change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain. – Maya Angelou
- You can create a new pattern of Success. – Man is not the creature of circumstances; Circumstances are the creatures of men. – Benjamin Disraeli
SECRET No. 2 – Enlarge Your Psychological Wallet
There is a secret psychology to money. Most people don’t know about it. That’s why most people never become financially successful. A lack of money is not the problem; it is merely a symptom of what’s going inside you. – T. Harv Eker
- Face Your Feelings – What you can feel, you can heal. – John Gray
- Increase Your Money Comfort Zone – You are the way you are because that’s the way you want to be. If you really wanted to be any different, you would be in the process of changing right now. – Fred Smith.
- Unless You See it in Your Mind, It Won’t Become a Reality – It’s time to start living the life you’ve imagined. – Henry James
- Your Self- Image Will Attract Your Level of Success – People do not attract that which they want, but that which they are. – James Allen
- Are You Sending Mixed Signals to God’s Universe? – What you subconsciously want, you will get. And what you subconsciously do not want, you will avoid. – Bo Sanchez
- Rip Out Your Negative Family Labels – Men and women are not limited by the place of their birth, not by the color of their skin, but by the size of their hope. – John Johnson
- Train Your Children While They’re Young – The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence – Dennis Waitely
- Enlarge Your Skills to Match the Size of Your Psychological Wallet – Do you see a man skilled in his work? He will serve before kings; he will not serve before obscure men. – Proverbs 22:29
SECRET No. 3 – Get Rid of Crazy Religious Beliefs
The mind maketh good or ill, wretch or happy, rich or poor. – Edmund Spenser
- Have You Romanticized Poverty? – God loves the poor and accompanies them in their difficult journey so that they can rise from their poverty. Not so that they can remain in poverty.
- Do You Believe that the Rich Won’t Enter Heaven? – Again, I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God. – Matthew 19:24: Jesus didn’t say, ” It’s impossible for rich people to enter heaven.” He simply said, ” It’s going to be more difficult for the rich person to enter heaven.” Why is this? Because Jesus says that to whom much is given, much more will be required (Luke 12:48)
- Do You Practice the ” I Hate Myself” Spirituality? – Love your Neighbor as you love yourself. – Matthew 22:39
- Have You Relied on God Too Much? – Trust God, but tie your camel. – Old Persian Proverb
- Do You Disguise Your Laziness as Faith? – Lazy hands make a man poor; but diligent hands bring wealth. – Proverbs 10:4
- Are You Obsessed with the Purely Miraculous? – Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands…so that you will not be dependent on anybody. – 1 Thessalonians 4:11-12
- Is Your Favorite Phrase “Bahala na”? – God designed us to work and trust – not simply to trust.
SECRET No. 4 – Be Completely Committed to Your Dreams
If a man hasn’t discovered something that he will die for. He isn’t fit to live. – Martin Luther King Jr.
Have you ever wondered why you do not get what you want? There are two big reasons why you fail to get what you want.
1st – because you don’t really know what you want.
2nd – because we don’t want it bad enough.
- Be The Scriptwriter of Your Life – Let others lead small lives, but not you. Let others argue over small things, but not you. Let others cry over small hurts, but not you. Let others leave their future in someone else’s hand, but not you. – Jim Rohn
- Write Down Your Dreams – Clarity is Power. There are no limits to the mind except those that we acknowledge.
- Read Your Dreams everyday – by writing down your dreams, you open yourself to life’s river of abundance. But when you read what you wrote down everyday, you multiply the power of the river tenfold.
- Apply the Power of Focus – The Law of Focus is like the Law of Gravity. It never fails. It has no exceptions. The Law of Focus states that what you focus on grows.
- Apply the Power of Attraction – The Law of Attraction states that you attract to your life your predominant thoughts. Your Thoughts create Things.
SECRET No. 5 – Raise Your Financial I.Q.
Blessed is the man who finds wisdom, the man who gains understanding, for she is more profitable than silver and yields better returns than gold. She is more precious than rubies; nothing you desire can compare with her. – Proverbs 3:13-15
- Financial Ignorance is Expensive – The number one problem in today’s generation and economy is the lack of financial literacy. – Alan Greenspan
- Look for Financial Mentors – Study anyone who’s great, and you’ll find that they apprenticed to a master or several masters. Therefore, if you want to achieve greatness… you must apprentice to a master. – Robert Allen
- Avoid Bad Debt Like Bad Bacteria – Too many people spend money they haven’t earned, to buy things they don’t want, to impress people they don’t like. – Will Rogers.
- Protect Yourself – In life, you have two major problems when it comes to money, you can either: 1.) die too young or, 2.) live too long…for number 1, when your savings is too low and your responsibility is too high, get some protection ” Insurance”
- Protect Yourself Adequately – Get insurance equivalent to ten (10) times of your yearly expenses.
- Build Your Retirement Fund Now – Around 40% have to keep on working to survive, around 30% depend on their relatives to survive, around 20% depend only on their SSS, GSIS pension fund to survive, 8% depend on charitable institution to survive and 2% are financially independent…
- Automatically Save 20% of Your Monthly Income – A part of all you earn is yours to keep, and if you cannot save money, the seeds of greatness are not in you. – W. Clement Stone
- Invest as Early as You Can – The earlier you save, the better. You need to know where to invest your savings.
- Don’t Put Your Retirement Fund in the Bank – Your money does not grow in the bank because of very little interest. Put your money in investment vehicles like bonds, equity funds, stocks.
- Read, Listen and Practice – We are not taught financial literacy in school. It takes a lot of work and time to change your thinking and to become financially literate. – Robert Kiyosaki
SECRET No. 6 – Ride Something to Wealth
- Ride as Many Vehicles as You Can – invest in paper assets, business assets and property assets.
- Ride Your Magic “Bicycles” to Wealth – invest in stocks, bonds, mutual funds. Wealth hastily gotten will dwindle, but he who gathers little by little will increase it. – Proverbs 13:11
- Ride Your “Car” to Wealth – Become a business-owner. Using your core gift with passion in your own business.
- Earn from Your Core Gift – Success follows doing what you want to do. There is no other way to be successful. – Malcolm Forbes
- Get Paid – Earning from your core gift means asking to be paid.
- Learn to Sell – If you’re serious in starting a business, get a sales job. Sell something.
- Remember that Profits Are Better than Wages – Wages make you a living, Profits make you a fortune – Jim Rohn
- Expand Your Territories – Everything you want is just outside your comfort zone. – Robert Allen
- Create Passive Income – a business or investment that gives you income even without work.
- Earn Exponential Income – also called passive income – means earning for a very long time from work you did only once at the very start.
- Build Your Dream Team – build a team that will work with you in a common mission and vision.
- Market, Market and Market some more – The only reason to be in business is to create a customer – Peter Drucker
SECRET No. 7 – Have a Bias for Action
You can’t cross a sea by merely staring at the water – Rabindranath Tagore
- Make Things Happen – What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hardwork – Stephen King
- Fail your Way to Success – When we give ourselves permission to fail, we at the same time give ourselves permission to excel. – Eloise Ristad
- Take Bold Massive Action – The bolder the action, the greater the genius, magic, and power that is likely to flow from it. – Robert Ringer
- Apply the 10 Sacred Rules of Success – Act, Act again…Act Again….
- Hustle – To hustle means to believe that there’s a solution to almost any problem.
SECRET No. 8 – Win in All Areas
Delight yourself in the Lord and He shall give you the desires of your heart. – Psalms 37:4
- Strengthen Your Relationships
- Grow in Emotional Maturity
- Use Your Core Gift
- Get Physically Healthy
- Gain Wisdom
- Build Your Money
- Nourish Your Spiritual Life
- Follow Your Inner Compass – If you miss love, you miss life – Leo Buscaglia.
- Define Your Own Success – Poverty is a state of mind often induced by looking at a neighbor’s car. – Anonymous
- Give Your Best – You are the only one who knows whether you have won or not. Don’t try to be better than someone else. Just be the best that you can be. – John Wooden’s Dad
- Your Harvest Will Depend on Your Giving – start giving, start tithing….
- Sacrifice Your Wealth for Others – Sacrifice your wealth for the poor. Help the Poor. We receive blessings to bless others. We receive wealth to give it away.