Book review: How to Make Your Dreams Come True by Bo Sanchez
Life Manual 101: How to Make Your Dreams Come True by Bo Sanchez
7 Steps to Achieve Your God-Ordained Destiny
I’ve been an avid fan and follower of Bro. Bo Sanchez for quite a long time now since year 2009 when one of my friends recommended me to attend The Feast, an spiritual gathering every sunday, which is being conducted by then at Valle Verde. As of now, The Feast have grown to over 100+ locations as more and more people are experiencing Life improvements by attending the weekly gathering. I learned a lot from the practical tips of Bro. Bo, as he simplifies the teachings of the bible in relation to our day to day practical lives.
In here, I would like to share my book review on his book, How to Make Your Dreams Come True. Here they are:
STEP 1: CONCEIVE
You see it in your mind before you see it with your eyes.
“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. – Hebrews 11:1”
- Block the Noise – Even the Best, have their share of Critics. “To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. – Elbert Hubbard.” No matter how good you are, you’ll never be able to please everyone. That’s reality. Are there people who criticize you? Block the noise
- You’re Prophetic – “What matters Is God’s Opinion of You” . We must not allow other people’s limited perceptions to define us. How do you see yourself in the Future? Here’s the truth: Your picture of yourself creates you.
- Even If You’ve Failed – Because God doesn’t look at your performance. You are not what others think you are. You are what God knows you are.
- Get a Partner – Two is Better than One. Where one alone may be overcome, two together can resist. A three-ply cord is not easily broken. – Ecclesiastes 4:12
STEP 2: RECEIVE
Accept Only The Best…” To Dream by night is to escape your life. To dream by day is to make it happen – Stephen Richards
- Successful People Are a Little Bit Crazy – “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. – Walt Disney”. Dreams do come true. You just have to be a little bit crazy. There is no success in your comfort zone. All success is outside your comfort zone.
There are three (3) reasons why our dreams don’t come true:
- Different Time – Don’t be early, don’t be too late . There is an appointed time for everything, and a time for every affair under the heavens – Ecclesiastes 3:1
- Different Talent – There has to be a right fit. Genius is talent set on fire by courage. – Henry Van Dyke. Potential is 100% accurate. If you have potential for singing, I’m sure God wants you to sing and bless the world with your voice.
- Different Trust – When God doesn’t answer in the way you want Him to. There was nothing wrong with people who have broken dreams. It’s just that God is calling them to a deeper kind of trust. There are two levels of trusting God. The first level is trusting that He will answer your prayer. The second level is trusting that He will answer your prayer.
- Give Him Freedom to Give You the Best – Here’s the truth: If God didn’t love you, He would answer all your prayers. But in His mercy, He doesn’t. Believe me, if He answered all your prayers, that will be the biggest disaster in your world. Why? because you’re not the wisest in the room. God is. So give Him the freedom to give you only the best.
- Thank God for not Answering Your Prayers – When God says “No” it’s because a bigger “yes” is to follow. – Bill Johnson.
- God Sees the Future – What you think is good for you today might be the worst for you tomorrow. If God shuts a door, stop trying to open it. Trust that whatever was behind it wasn’t meant for you. – Unknown
STEP 3: ACHIEVE
You’re a Miracle Worker!
“For just as a body without a spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead – James 2:26”. Action is the best expression of your Faith.
- Two Levels of Experiencing Miracles – Move from waiting for miracles to working your miracles. “Good things come to people who wait, but better things come to those who go out and get them – Anonymous” . The first level is when you receive miracles; and the second level is when you reproduce miracles.
- Ask! – “Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. – Matthew 7:7.
- Beware of Dream Stealers – Don’t be afraid of big, hairy, audacious dreams.Don’t ever let anyone steal your dream. Always follow your heart. Don’t be afraid to ask big things from God.
- Dreams Do Come True – Yes, even the seemingly impossible ones. You have to dream before your dreams can come true.
- Act – It’s the partner of asking. Asking is not enough. After all, you don’t just want to receive miracles, you want to reproduce miracles. For example, if you want to get healthy, don’t just pray for health. You have to act your way to health. Do whatever it takes to become healthy.
- Miracles are Produced by Faithful Action – It’s the simple actions that matter. A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hardwork. – Colin Powell.
STEP 4: ADJUST
You don’t have to be off to a perfect start
“Once you accept that we’re all imperfect, it’s the most liberating thing in the world. Then you can go around making mistakes and saying the wrong thing and tripping over on the street and all that and not feel worried.” – Paloma Faith
- Legendary of Lucky? – It’s not real victory if you can’t duplicate it. “Practice doesn’t make perfect. Practice reduces the imperfection.” – Toba Beta.
- Marry Your Purpose, Hire Your Strategy – The world is constantly changing, and so should you. What brought you to where you are now may not bring you to where you want to go. But your purpose won’t change. So marry your purpose. Your strategies will change but your purpose won’t.
- The Achiever’s Loop – Ask…Act…Advice….Ajust
- God Speaks Through the World – Follow your trail of blessing. In order to change reality, you have to be willing to listen and to learn. God always advises us on what to do – we just need to listen to His voice.
- God Speaks Through the Wise – Seek advice from those already living your dream. If you’re the smartest person in the room, it’s time to look for another room. If you’re the wisest person in your circle, it’s time to look for another circle.
- God Speaks Through the Word – Form your mind with Scripture. “All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for reputation, for correction, and for training in righteousness, so that one who belongs to God may be competent, equipped for every good work.- 2 Timothy 3:16
STEP 5: SUPPLY
There’s no shortage with God
“The Lord’s are the earth and its fullness; the world and those who dwell in it.”-Psalm 24:1
God promises three things to us: Supply, Solutions and Significance
- No Shortage of Money in God’s Universe – The question is how to get it to flow to you. “Remember then the Lord, your God, for He is the one who gives you the power to get wealth…”-Deuterenomy 8:18. Here’s the Key: Money is the fruit; wisdom is the seed. More specifically, applied wisdom is the seed. First get wisdom, second, apply wisdom.
- What Should You Do When Your Dreams Are Bigger than Your Resources – “The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire; the size of your dream; and how you handle disappointment along the way.” – Robert Kiyosaki. When your dream is bigger than your resources, you have two options: Option 1: You can adjust your dream to match your resources. Option 2: You can adjust your resources to match your dreams. Option 1 is about downsizing your dreams, Option 2 is going for your dreams.
- If Your Dream Comes from Pride – Adjust your dreams to match your resources. ” Pride goes before disaster, and a haughty spirit before a fall.” – Proverbs 16:18
- If Your Dream Comes from Your Purpose – Don’t downsize your dreams. We know that all things work for good for those who love God who are called according to His Purpose. – Romans 8:28. If you know that your dream comes from a God-Ordained, God-crafted, and God-empowered purpose, then pursue it with all your heart – even if you know your resources are lacking.
- Two Supply Rooms – Yours is limited but God’s is inexhaustible. “My God will fully supply whatever you need, in accord with his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. – Philippians 4:19. There are two supply rooms. Your supply room and God’s supply room. Your supply room is tiny, God’s supply room is huge.
STEP 6: SOLUTIONS
Choose God’s Long-term Solutions
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.”Proverbs 3:5
- Solutions Can’t Come from Passivity – You have a part to play. God wants you to be part of a solution.
- Solutions Can’t Come from Pride – They do more harm than good. Solutions that come from pride violate God’s ways.
- A God Solution Comes from Purpose – God solutions make your problems irrelevant. Don’t focus on your problem; focus on your purpose.
- Don’t Rush to Solve Your Problems – God isn’t in a hurry. “The plans of the diligent are sure of profit, but all rash haste leads certainly to poverty. – Proverbs 21:5
- The God Solution Changes You – It maybe slow but it’s a permanent solution. The goal is to love. To shape your character, to teach you patience, to give you humility.
- The God Solution is Right in Front of You – He will open your eyes to see it. God promises solutions to your problems. The solutions are in front of us. Sometimes, we just couldn’t see it.
STEP 7: SIGNIFICANCE
It’s higher, bigger and better than success
“What does it profit a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul?”-Mark 8:36
We all want success. Success is a wonderful thing. We should pursue success but we shouldn’t stop at success. Because there is something even higher, bigger, deeper and better than success, and that’s significance.
- Why Success if Important – You can help others achieve the same dreams. “Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, “What’s in it for me? – Brian Tracy. Success is important because you can only help others achieve their dreams if you know how to achieve your own.
- Helping Others Achieve Success One Step at a time – You don’t have to have “arrive” to help others. Success is not one Giant leap. Success is a series of a million mini steps, each tiny step taken every single day of your life.
- Let Your Barn Overflow – It’s what significance means. Significance is not saying, “Go there”, Significance is saying, “Come Here”. You’re not pushing people up, you’re pulling them up to where you are. That’s why you can’t skip success and jump to significance.
- Life a Life of Self-Donation and you will impact others – “We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill